Monday, February 28, 2011

Here, There and Nowhere in Particular.

I love bullet points, don't you?

~ Finally, I feel that I can share with everyone that, yes, I bought a car. New to me, but far from new. In the end, I fell in love with a 1997 Volvo 850. She's a beauty! Silver exterior, black leather interior (Don't look at me like that fellow Veggies! As long as people eat meat, leather will still be a by product. Also, it's so much better for the environment than vinyl. Besides, now that we've hit our peak on oil, you'll be seeing less and less cheaply made vinyl crap, anyway.), heated seats, automatic everything, anti-theft, moonroof/sunroof! What a glorious beast! Safe as can be and all I have to do is take care of her as best as I can. It's nice to be able to breathe again.

~ Created a new profile on OkCupid. After the last debacle, I'm ready to try again. So far so good.

~ I rearranged my living room this afternoon because I gave my sis and her boyf my coffee table. I didn't want it anymore, and they were going to buy the exact same one anyway. Why not reuse, eh?

~ Oh, yeah. I've added an IFAW.org banner to my blog. I'm not getting any money for it. I just figured that it's time to get a little more dedicated to the creatures of the world. After all, in case you don't already know, things are going downhill fast for, not only women and our freedom to choose our own healthcare, but for all kinds of animals. Nothing is safe. Well, the last heard of genetically pure bison just narrowly escape a huge dent in their population. But only just. Animals all around the world and even in our own wild country are in grave danger. It's up to us to educate ourselves and fight for them. As the ASPCA says, "We are their voice."

~ I'm determined to use up all of the groceries I have in the cottage for two weeks (if I can make them last that long.) For the next two months, since I'll have car payments for the next four months, every dollar counts. Every penny must be stretched as far as it can reach. Luckily, I have at least a cup (dry) of at least four different kinds of grains! One dry cup is four whole servings! Hopefully, this will also help me retrain my mind to stop thinking that breakfast has to be the typical, dessert-like things we're used to in this disease-ridden, fat nation. Other countries eat rice and veggies for breakfast, even! In addition, I really want this to make me stop eating past six o'clock in the evenings. After all of my other attempts to improve my eating habits, let's see if this one will stick. After these groceries are gone, I'm budgeting myself to ten dollars, that's right: $10.00 a week for groceries. Once spring hits, I'll be able to get plenty of fresh produce for free from work. All I have to do is pick it myself. That's it! So simple. And free! And healthy!!

~ Hmm...I feel like there was something else. I dunno. Anyway, have a great night, everyone.

P.S.: Looks like the Christmas gift post and the "turning this blog into one about my art" ideas are moving to the back burner for a while, eh? *U_U*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter