Wednesday, June 27, 2018

A Bit of Poetry

For You
by Renee C. Wozniak

If I close my eyes
keep them shut
will your beauty still blind my senses?
All that you are
and all you hide
bewitches the deepest parts of my mind
refusing rest.
Yet you persist in existence
in ignorance
of me and your haphazard effect
on my senses.

If you close your eyes
keep them dark
will your pain still maim
your nerves?
All that you are
and try to hide
causes you the deepest anguish
refusing silence.
Yet you persist in existence
in ignorance
of the balm of the sweetness I wish to apply
to your nerves.

As you keep your secrets sealed,
so, too, are my dreams.
They do not meet as they did
in that trancelike moment
when flesh met flesh.
A moment is enough time
to ignite a spark.
That tiny, short-lived light
burns fierce in my breast.
I keep it burning
for you.
It blinds me
and may singe your nerves.

Fire is cleansing
as it wipes out old growth.
Allow the vines to
take you over
as they have me.


Written May 28, 2018 7:30PM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter