Saturday, June 30, 2018

Abyss of my Psyche

Here is another of my recent poetic birthings.

For Love of Money
by Renee C. Wozniak

I recall the nights
so sweet and still
when all the world would sleep
and we would join until
our breath we could no longer catch
and side by side we'd sigh.

You gave me everything you had
and claimed you had no more
but never did I ask at all
for anything but you.
Yet months drew on and you persisted
thinking that you had resisted
giving me all that I wanted
when all I'd want was you.

But maybe I was your excuse.
You couldn't face the truth.
It was not me that made us lonely
but your incessant love of money.

So maybe you found happiness
among your toys and gadgets.
Perhaps within the gold you found
your perfect love in silence.

Or does your pleasure lay in pity
bestowed upon you by your friends
who tried to tell you love was found
inside the girl you left behind?

No matter what you tell yourself
to help you sleep at night
I hope you know how deeply hurt
I was when you thrust that knife.
For even now I think that love
is after all a fairy tale.
And time may heal all gaping wounds
but thus far it has failed.

Written 5/30/2018 at 11:15PM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter