Monday, October 11, 2010

Lately...

My mind has had Frankie Avalon's Venus playing over and over and over and over...


Venus was, and remains one of my very favorite songs of all time. As I'm sure I've mentioned, I listened only to the "oldies" station until we moved in my twelfth year. After that, it was like pulling teeth without Novocaine trying to find and get a decent sound of an oldies station on the Cape. But, boy oh boy! do those sweet, classic tunes bring a smile to my heart!

Here's another: Sam Cooke's Cupid.


Looking at the content of these two songs in particular makes me wonder. Did the music I listened to as a child have an affect on my accepting embrace and eventual adoption of a polytheistic spirituality? Hmm...
What genres of music bring you back?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter