Monday, January 18, 2010

It's creeping closer.

And it has nothing to do with being a witch!
:P
Anime Boston, the Otaku convention I've been obsessed with since I first attended in 2008 will be on Easter weekend again this year! Why does that matter to me? Because the convention center doesn't allow any food vendors in to sell their wares. This results in a marvelous abundance of generous con-goers giving Japanese candy/food to other con-goers for great cosplays or hugs! There are usually quite a few people doing it anyway, but Easter, being a candy-centric holiday makes for an especially lovely selection.
Yea! Free Pocky and Koala's No March!
So I'll be meeting up with the sister closest in age to me tomorrow to go through her hoard of material so we can begin planning out and constructing our costumes. I'm so thrilled that she's going this year.
And in cosplay! *^_^*
For those of you who are interested in anime, I will tell you that my costumes this year will be different from the two years prior. Both years I made good use of my Gothic Lolita dress, Nausicaa (Miyazaki/Ghibli's "Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind") and Kiki (Miyazaki/Ghibli's "Kiki's Delivery Service") cosplays. (All handmade; no store-bought!) This year, however, I will be Sumomo (the cutie in the header pic), Toa (from Dragonaut: The Resonance...if I can pull it off. Who wears short shorts? Toa wears short shorts.) and Miyuki (from Lucky Star.) How perfect that they all have long, pink hair?! Worse comes to worst and it doesn't look like one of the costume will work, I may go with either Haru (in her school uniform...from the Miyazaki/Ghibli Studios piece "The Cat Returns") or Haruhi (in an Ouran Academy girls' uniform...from "Ouran High School Host Club.") No wig needed for either of them as they both have short brown hair. Although, spending all day, most days in the sun has naturally lightened my hair a bit.
So, we'll see. But I was just too thrilled to not write about the con and sis's involvement! *^_^*
Goodnight.

2 comments:

  1. I know nothing about anime, but this sounds fun!

    Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! Believe me, we will!
    If you're interested in seeing some good anime to see what it's like, I highly, HIGHLY recommend the Matsumoto film Galaxy Express 999. It's my fave. A bit long, but a classic and a beautiful intro into the land of Japanese Anime!

    ReplyDelete

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter