Saturday, February 13, 2010

An unusual question.

Eh, obsession seduces me so easily. Not so much to the point of writing letters (though there was that one time I wrote Alan Rickman asking him to my prom...and Jon from SClub7...)but definitely not stalking or threatening harm! I digress.
I know a few people who don't get into the whole "celebrity" scene as wildly as I. Understandable; they are just regular people like you and me who happened to have the "get up and go" mentality and chutzpah to make it in the industry. I don't have that. In fact, I don't think I even have chutzpah. So, my question to those of you that read my ramblings is simply this, as a 26-year-old woman with a bit going for her, is it strange that I still play out meticulously planned fantasies in my head? Fantasies about younger versions of actors which then morph into fantasies about the current versions of those same actors? :/ Even I, the author of these strange worlds in my head find it odd.
Do you have daydreams like these that, as a result of their detail and beauty, leak into your sleeping dreams? Do you think it's a bit weird that I do? Do I need to get out more often?
If I receive enough witch responses, I will post a followup question.
Well, a friend of mine is getting married tomorrow. Lucky for me that I'm not in a relationship, as it is Valentine's Day, and, if I had a boyfriend I certainly wouldn't be interested in spending the day focusing on someone else's love!
Is that greedy?

6 comments:

  1. Mayhap you need to get out more often...:) But I definitely spin some really good fantasies involving beautiful men from the screen. I just watched extended version Return of the King the other night & came up with a few. Unfortunately, these NEVER leak into my dreams during sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess it all depends on how these fantasies affect your day-to-day. I mean, waking up in the morning and remembering a dream you had that was sparked by a little day-dreaming is normal...unless you are then unable to focus on real life issues. Sometimes when we focus on what we 'wish' would happen, we are stuck in a made up world without perspective and have trouble dealing with the real life stuff.
    I only think you need to 'get out more' if there is something out there you're looking for. Do you need a 'someone special'? Is that what would make you happy? Or is it the 'celebrity' aspect that you wish for...not so much a partner as a life in the limelight?
    Also, I bet that if you had a bf, you would still go to your friends' wedding. What is more romantic than a party based solely on the fact that two people are in love? Whether it's for you, or not...I couldn't think of a better way to spend Valentine's Day! Hope you have fun...maybe you'll meet someone...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I go through phases of "obsession" with celebrities and such. I think it's perfectly healthy until it starts affecting your "regular" life (i.e. you would rather stay home and watch re-runs of Trueblood than go out to a party............um wait a minute that was me last summer). tee hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome, guys, thanks! These have all validated my feelings about my level of "fantasy." Odd topic, I'm aware, but it's nice to gain a little perspective once in a while. We're all on this planet together, why not share our foibles, eh?
    The next blog is my follow-up question. If you're fashionably late to the discussion, please feel free to continue to leave your two cents. I'd love to hear them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Honestly, I think it's normal and healthy. There are a few celebrities which make my heart pitter patter too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's always a little hard for me to express my "worship" (really, too strong a word, but the best I could think of) of celebrities, as most of my family doesn't buy into the whole idol idea. They are just normal people like you and me who made it big. But society and the media make it difficult to make that connection, you know? Closest things to Gods, I suppose.

    ReplyDelete

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter