Thursday, January 5, 2012

What Is With All the Tours?

Last night, I had two dreams (that I could tell.) Both put me, again, at the lead of two very different tours.
In the first dream, all that I could remember when I awoke was that it was a farm. However, this time, it wasn't the farm where I work (in waking life) and I didn't work there in the dream.
The following is what I had written in my dream journal this morning. (I don't remember anything from either dream, so this is all new to me again as I share it here.)
I lead a tour at a sort of hospital with a major children's leukemia wing/school. I worked there and was helping a little, Asian boy with his schoolwork and finding a book. (It was book seven in a series of large novels.) Also, there was some sort of family thing (my family, but not my real life family) going on while I was flirting/on a date with a really swarthy guy. I knew we'd be getting intimate later, so, at one point I left the party to go to my room and clean, but all I could think about was "What will everyone else think of me? I hope they don't hear anything..."
Odd. Seems my preoccupation with what others think has finally carried over into my dreams. What is strange to me, too, is my overwhelming involvement with people in my dreams. Is my psyche trying to compensate for my lack of human contact in my daily life? Or is my subconscious trying to tell me to get out and start reconnecting with people, again?

Ah ha! Interesting find, here. In searching the number 7 in numerology (to see what that book number represents), I found the following website:
http://www.ofesite.com/spirit/numerology/path7.htm
The first two paragraphs basically tell me that I enjoy looking into the mysteries of life, and, given enough pieces, I can usually solve a puzzle. While that last bit is only sometimes true, the third paragraph on the page is what struck me.
You enjoy your solitude, preferring to work alone. You need time to contemplate your ideas without the intrusion of other's people's thoughts. You are a lone wolf, a person who lives by your own ideas and methods.
Huh. Go on.
As a result, close associations are difficult for you to form and to keep especially, marriage. You need your space and privacy, which when violated, can cause great frustration and irritation. When your life is balanced, however, you are both charming and attractive. You can be the life of a party and you enjoy performing before an audience. You enjoy displaying your wit and knowledge, which makes you attractive to others, especially the opposite sex. But you have distinct limits. While you are generous in social situations, sharing your attention and energy freely, you are keenly aware of the need to come off stage, and to return to the solitude of your lair. You associate peace with the unobtrusive privacy of your world. Therefore, intimacy is difficult for you, because you guard your inner world like a mother lion does her cubs.

However, all this privacy and solitude can cause isolation and loneliness. You can be aware of an emptiness in your life, a part of you that yearns for company and close companionship that may be unsatisfied.

If isolation is brought to extreme, you can become cynical and suspicious. You can develop hidden, selfish motives, which people may sense and cause them to be uncomfortable around you. You must guard against becoming too withdrawn and too independent, thus shutting out the love for others, and keeping you from experiencing the true joy of friendship and close companionship.

You must especially watch out for selfishness and egocentricity, thinking of yourself as the center of the universe, as the only person who really matters. Social contract gives you perspective on yourself and on life, while too much isolation can make you too narrow, and even shut off from the rest of the world.

A-yep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter